For today’s post, we’re taking a look at the view from the Characters in Flight balloon that you can ride over at Downtown Disney. Pictures from this ride were taken by my wife because I chickened out and didn’t ride it! You may recognize this as Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. We have never stayed there, but this was where we did our Disney Vacation Club tour, and it is a lovely resort! Look for more pictures from this ride later on in our exploration!
Archives for September 11, 2011
On this special September 11th edition of the week that was, for the week we’ve been busy little beavers! I first want to take one more moment to remember all of the heroic people that gave their lives on that fateful day. Their sacrifice has not been in vain, and they will not be forgotten.
- We continued our Picture a Day series this week:
- Last Sunday, we looked at one of my favorite pictures — the picture of my Grandpa in my Mickey Safari Hat. Last Sunday was both his birthday, and the day he came home to Jesus.
- On Monday, we showed off some pictures from the long “extinct” Animal Kingdom Block Party! Did you ever experience that party?
- Tuesday gave us a glimpse into the time we had dinner over at 1900 Park Fare and met Cinderella.
- For Wednesday, as part of the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop, I shared a picture of the Tron Monorail that I took over at Epcot.
- Thursday was the 1st Anniversary of My Dreams of Disney! We had a fun day, and I thank all of you for helping to make that anniversary all it could be!
- On Friday I shared a picture of Sophie with her BFF Riley from 2008.
- For Saturday we looked at the Coronado Springs entrance sign taken at night.
- Also during the week, I had my last entry into the incredible 40 Days to 40 Years project. My year was 1985!
- On Wednesday, I asked the question that many of us are answering, “Are you going to apply to be on the Walt Disney World Moms Panel?“
- During our 1st Anniversary Facebook Party — which I had a lot of fun doing, by the way, so thank you to all that participated with me — we picked a winner for our contest! The winner is…Krystin! Congratulations Krystin!
- Last night, I made a rookie mistake — I accidentally posted my 9/11 tribute post on the wrong day! Despite that, though, I hope you were able to feel what I was trying to write in my tribute.
- Over on Chip and Company, on Friday I wrote about my top five things to do at the Disney resorts. What are some of your favorites?
Starting next week, we’ll be continuing our countdown to our Disney trip, I’ll be applying to be on the Walt Disney World Moms Panel, and I’ll begin a new series highlighting the websites of some of my Disney friends! Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you’ll stick around!
|Image Courtesy Glass, Steel, and Stone|
On this day, when all of the world remembers that devastating terrorist attack that, while on the soil of the United States, affected the entire world, I would like to take a moment and send out a special thank you to all of our armed forces, both at home and abroad, past and present, and thank you for all that you do for our great country.
It is because of all of you brave men and women that we are able to enjoy the freedoms that we have.
In addition to remembering our armed forces, today is also a day when the world stopped, when everyone will remember where they were that day, and what they were doing. My prayers and deep thoughts still go out to those people that died that day — the innocent victims, the first responders, the police and fire departments, our military, and those brave souls on the airplanes.
In addition to my normal weekly recap, today I’m also going to share with you a small movie that I created out of some of the pictures that I took of the Main Street Electrical Parade. This video was originally created to commemorate Veterans Day, but it feels appropriate to play it today, so if you have an inclination, please feel free to play it.
One other post I have is one I wrote quite some time ago, September 11, 2010, to commemorate the 9th anniversary of 9/11. If you are interested in it, feel free to click on the link.