Over the past 2+ years of writing on this blog, the posts have all generally been about Disney. Of late, though, it has occurred to me that the reach of this little blog has spread greatly, to the point that it isn’t unusual for me to see traffic from such “remote” locations as Russia, India, and Bangladesh! In fact, My Dreams of Disney has been accessed from 135 different countries/territories across the globe.
The point of all of this isn’t to bring praise to me, but to share with you a realization that I have had along my faith journey — witnessing for the Lord doesn’t just come in the form of face to face conversations — your witness can be as simple as writing a blog post.
To that end, every Sunday I am going to write a post called Prayers of the Week. This special post will share with you some prayers requests that I, my family, or friends have, and if you are of a mind, please lift up these requests in your daily prayers. However, this isn’t a one way street by any stretch! The world that we live in today has many, many problems, and we all have concerns that we need addressed. So, if you have any prayer requests of your own, please share them in the comments, and know that I will note them down and include your prayer requests in when I pray as well.
For privacy’s sake, I won’t always share all of the details for a prayer request, but I should share enough information that you’ll know what to pray for.
Thank you in advance for your prayers, and don’t be shy — share your prayer requests here! By doing so, we will show the world how powerful prayer can be!
- Please pray for Kenny and his family. Kenny’s wife Sherry recently passed away, leaving Kenny and his two young children without their mother. She was a Believer, so we all know she is in Jesus’ loving embrace, but please pray for God’s Peace to descend upon the family, as well as for His Strength to see them through these trying days.
- Please pray for my friend’s mother, who is having a difficult time with Chemo and Radiation treatments for breast cancer. Her daughter travels back home soon, and it is a big worry how she will get on — or whether or not she will have to move up here with her.
- Please pray for my cousin, who is undergoing treatment for breast cancer, as well as for my aunt, who is also undergoing treatment. Please pray for a healthy result to their treatments.
- Please pray for my other aunt, who has been undergoing treatment for breast cancer for a long time now.
- Please pray for my wife’s cousin, who had a stroke recently, and for her parents, who are having to look after her in their later years.
- Please pray for my family, that we see the stresses of work and school even out some so that we can remember each day the love that we have for each other.
- Please pray for my friends, for jobs applied for and health looked after.
- Please pray for my friend’s brother-in-law, who has fought cancer for years, and now has it in his lymph nodes. He is undergoing some bone scans, and hopes to be eligible for a special clinical trial — if he gets in he has his medicine provided, but if he doesn’t the medicine runs $7-9,000 per month!
- I have also learned of a specific prayer request for some dear friends; this request is private, but please pray that the parties in this ordeal would receive God’s Wisdom on them, and realize that the course of action they are about to undertake isn’t the best for them and their families. Also, for everyone that is close to them and is struggling because of the decision this couple is making, please pray for God’s Peace to descend upon them, so that their worries may be lifted away, and they can get back to being the witnesses to the Lord that He needs them to be.
God wants to hear our sorrows, our tribulations, the things that are keeping us up at night. As the 1 Peter 5:7 says:
Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.
However, it is also great and wonderful to give Thanks to God for those things that we have received! In that thought, here are some praises we can give to God in Thanks!
- I, and hundreds of other people, were blessed tonight to be part of the Red Rose Banquet at Edenton Street United Methodist Church. We were lifted up in song by the children’s choirs, and we had both a silent and live auction to raise funds to help the Ruth Sheets Adult Day Care Center. It was a wonderful night, and I for one was blessed this night.
- Wonderful praise is to be lifted up each and every night for the leadership and organization that has led to a wonderful Bible Study called The Men’s Study. This is my third year studying His Word in this group, and I am closer to God now then at any time in my life — and each day I draw even closer.
- I am deeply blessed by all of my family and friends. Each one of them is a blessing, and for each of them I give thanks to God that I have been able to have them in my life — or, in some cases, I thank God that He allowed me to be in their lives!
- I would like to give thanks to God for my wonderful friends Ervin and Lois. They are the wonderful parents of my dear friend Monica, and God has blessed me to be able to help them out with a computer problem here and there. The beauty of it, though, is that, while I’m able to help them, and I gladly do so, I’m not really doing anything that couldn’t be done by someone else. What I love is, when I leave their house, I have been blessed, and I have learned some new nugget of wisdom that will help me, both in my faith journey, and in my worldly travels as Cindy and I work together to raise our daughter into the daughter that God would have her be.
Now, please feel free to add your prayer concerns in the comments below, and don’t forget, praises are a big thing too, so share those also! Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!