Hello my friends, and welcome to this week’s edition of our Prayers for the Week post! I was looking through the Bible this week when I came across this verse, which immediately struck me and made me realize that this was the perfect theme for this week’s prayer post:
Psalm 9:1 “I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.”
My friends, doesn’t that just speak right from our hearts? Praise the Lord! What a beautiful verse to come across — and there are many such verses just like that in the Bible.
So often I get all caught up in what is happening around us that I don’t take time to give God the thanks, praise, and adoration that He deserves. Lord, please forgive me for this. So today, my Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I am giving God praise for all the blessings that He has provided me in my life, and I urge you to do the same.
- My Sister-in-Law Kim put into words what I was thinking, so I wanted to lift up her prayer request and praise. Here is what she wrote:What a blessed Thanksgiving service tonight. I am thankful for my faith and for my church family who helps me grow in that faith in so many ways. I pray everyone has a safe and blessed Thanksgiving.
- Please pray for my friend Bridget. Her Grandma passed away last night, this is what she wrote on Facebook:Heaven gained a new angel last night. At 11:46pm my grandmother was reunited with my grandfather, her greatest love. My mom, my aunt and I were with her. Thanksgiving was her holiday. This was the holiday that she brought her entire family together, what she loved the most. Her family and her strong faith in God were the things she held dear in this world. My heart is shattered. There’s so much I will miss…. I will miss our Sunday Classic movie afternoons, her love of Christmas, her unwavering reassurance that “everything will work out”, her sitting on the floor with Nick playing cars and planes…. Her loving me like another daughter…. It’s endless. Rest in peace now, Gram. Give Papa the biggest hug and kiss for us. I love you to the moon and back.Please pray for Bridget and her family’s Peace, Comfort, and Strength in their time of need — and give Praise to God for the life her Grandma lived! There are, perhaps, no more reassuring words that we can here when we reach Heaven than these: “Well done, my good and faithful servant.” I have no doubt that Bridget’s Grandma heard these words.
- I have a huge praise for my sister-in-law Nancy and her family, who opened up their doors on Thanksgiving to us. We had a wonderful family time with them, and Sophie and her cousin had a sleepover, and were on their best behavior. Thanksgiving is all about being thankful around our loved ones, and Nancy, Otis, and Anna Jane were perfect hosts. Thank you for having us!
- I also want to give thanks and praise to God for a safe trip to our house by Stephanie and Shane, and for their wonderful trip today to Walt Disney World! They are going to have a great time, and I am very excited for them!
- My friend Mary also included a praise for this post. Here is what she wrote:
Thank you for continuing this series. It always grounds me for the week.
- My Dreams of Disney reader Jerry wrote his prayer request on our Facebook page. Here is what Jerry wrote:what i think needs to be prayed for are the people in the midwest affected by the tornadoes last sunday. Especially the towns of Washington, East Peoria, and Pekin who were the hardest hit.Please keep the people of the midwest in your prayers, as well as those that are affected by the severe cold weather. Thanks everyone!
- I’ve got an anonymous prayer request. Here is what was written on Facebook:Lord, this is an immediate request. May you please be with someone very special to me. His faith is being tested daily and though I know there is a plan for him he cannot yet see what that is. Please, open his eyes and his heart that he can receive the answers he so desperately seeks. In your name, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen, Amen, Amen!!!Lord, please be with those that are under a crisis of Faith — please show them that You are there for them, and help them to have their eyes opened, and their heart receptive to listening, so that they may become a better servant of Your Word. Give them Your Peace, please, Lord, so that they may know that You are there for them. It is in the name of Your Son Jesus that I pray! Amen.
- My friend Heather posted a prayer request on Facebook tonight for a friend of hers. Here is what she had to say:Say a little prayer for Brett Cooper..he is on two antibiotics to treat an infection on his hand that has traveled up his wrist. Hopefully it will stop the redness and no trip to hospital on Thanksgiving.Please pray with me: “Lord, please look after Brett as he struggles to clear the infection in his hand. Please allow the medications to do what they need to do so that he can enjoy his Thanksgiving, and not need to seek additional treatment on Thanksgiving day. Please take care of him, and lift him up and heal him. It is in the name of Your Son Jesus that I pray with Thanksgiving. Amen!”
My friends, thank you for taking the time each week to share your prayer requests and praises with us, and for also praying for the requests and lifting up the praises that you read here. This weekly ministry is quite small when compared to some of the other things ministries that are out there, but nonetheless, it is a meaningful one — at least, I believe it to be. Thank you for all of your support, and may God bless you and keep you safe from harm throughout the week ahead, until we meet again next Sunday.