Today I didn’t really have any one specific thing to focus on for our opening paragraph in our Prayers for the Week post. When that happens, I turn to my Bible and draw inspiration from it, and I hope that you turn to your Bible as well.
The verses that stood out for me today were from the book of Isaiah, chapter 40, verses 28-31. Let me quote it here:
“Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. The will run and not grow weary. The will walk and not faint.” ~ Isaiah 40:28-31.
My friends, one of my good friends is hurting. She is hurting because her Dad is very sick and is suffering. She is asking for prayers of comfort for him, which you will read when we get to our prayer requests and praises. My heart goes out to her, and I wondered what I could do short of praying for her, which, of course, there isn’t much I can do. But then I opened my Bible, and saw these verses, and I truly felt like God was sharing these verses with me to pass along to Dawn. I know that it seems illogical to think this, but when you are talking about God, nothing is impossible. Will these verses cure whatever ails Dawn’s dad? Probably not, but again, who knows? With God, all things are possible. However, despite what happens, one thing I hope and believe will happen, is that Dawn will see these verses, and find that God is speaking to her right now. And that, my friends, is a very powerful message for us all. Now, please read and pray for our prayers for the week and praises, and thank you for being such faithful Prayer Warriors for all of us!
Prayer Requests and Praises…
My friend Dawn needs our prayers. Her Dad is gravely ill, and is in a hospiceprogram right now. Please be with him and Dawn and her family; here is what she wrote on Facebook:
Nobody should have to live this way, my Dad is considerably worse. I am asking for prayer angels to pray for comfort.
Please pray for comfort, for Peace, for Strength, and for God’s Love to descend upon all of them. Thank you everyone.
My friend Shannon asks for prayers. Here is what she wrote on Facebook:
Please say a prayer for Clay. We are in the ER. He got hit in the face with a foul ball. Looks like stitches, CT scan, etc. prayers prayers please.
Lord, we lift up Clay to You and Your healing hands, please look after this young man and give his parents the outcome that they need. Please take care of him, and may there be no serious injuries from his accident. It is in Your Name we pray. Amen.
- My friend +Amy Bilsky has a prayer request. Please pray for friends of hers — they have a 5 year old child with brain cancer, and are running out of treatment options. It is a time in their lives when it feels like the whole world is against them, so please lift them up in prayer, elevate them, and make them feel loved again. Ask God to remind them that He is there for them, and please, please, please pray that God’s Peace, His Comfort, His Strength, and His Love would descend upon them in their time of need.Thank you, everyone — it’s pleas for help like this that remind me daily why I started this Prayer post to begin with, and I thank you for taking time to pray for the supplications of others.
- Please keep praying for Amy’s friends. She sent me a link, it’s not looking good…but all things are possible through God, so please keep praying for them.http://meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2014/04/03/the-truth/
- My friend Sheila left this comment about how prayer helps us: As usual what a beautiful post. I believe prayer guides us in the right direction. I will continue to pray for everyone on this list and hope they are all blessed in many ways.
- My friend Kelly shared with us the blessings that her friends have received despite the tribulations of losing their house: Thanks so much for adding my friend and her family to your prayer list. God has definitely provided for them during this time. They have been blessed beyond measure.
- My friend Patty has lost her Grandma. Please pray for her and her family as they deal with their grief. Please pray for God’s Peace, Comfort, and Strength to descend upon them all, but also rejoice in knowing that her Grandma is in Heaven and no longer suffers. Here is what Patty wrote:RIP my sweet Grandma. Thankful for the many memories we had with her. She’s playing trains with Jacob right about now.
My friends, when you doubt, when you have fears, when you just don’t know what is happening or what should be happening — my friends, in times like this, I urge you to turn to the Bible for comfort, for strength, for guidance. God gave it to us for a reason, and it is up to us to read it, study it, learn it, and rely on it. Now, please pray the prayer that Jesus taught His Disciples to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, thy Will be done,
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us our Daily Bread,
And forgive us our Trespasses,
as we forgive those who Trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory,
Forever and ever. Amen.