Yesterday the family of Keith Fuller said goodbye to their dad, husband, brother, son, uncle, co-worker, and friend. I’ve known Keith for over 20 years now, he was the site supervisor for UNC-TV’s Lumberton transmitter site, and he passed away on Saturday, November 1st. Keith is shown in the photo above on October 31st, as we celebrated his 25 year service award at UNC-TV. Keith’s passing teaches us many lessons, the first one being that life is very short, that you can be here one moment and gone the next.
Another lesson that I learned from Keith’s passing is that God has a plan for each of us. None of us know why God’s plan for Keith ended so soon — God’s ways are not our ways, and we are unable to understand His ways. One thing I know, though, is this — for all of the time that Keith was with us, he fulfilled the plan that God had for him.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Keith’s wife Sherry, his son Zach, his daughter Ashley, and all of their family and friends. Please pray for God’s Peace, Comfort, and Strength to descend upon them in their time of grief. Thank you everyone.
Prayer Requests and Praises…
- My friends, please pray for my friend and co-worker Keith Fuller, who suddenly passed away yesterday. Keith is a family man, survived by his wife and children, and by all of those that he touched in his life. UNC-TV will not be the same without him, so please pray for his family, his friends, and everyone else that knew and loved him.
- My sister Robin had this to say:I am very sorry to hear this. I cannot imagine the shock, pain, and disbelief you all must feel. I know that God is close to the broken hearted so I have every confidence He will be with you during this time.
- My friend Becca has a praise this morning! Here is what she wrote on Facebook:An update for all who prayed for my friend and her twins born at 26 weeks earlier this year. After 5 months both babies are able to go home. The little 1 lb 4 oz baby was discharged today at 8 lbs 5 oz. Thank you to all who prayed. So happy for you LauRae
- My friend Early wrote this on Facebook. Please pray for her and her friends:My heart breaks in hearing of the passing of a friend and neighbor. Please pray for the family.
- My friend Stephanie has a prayer request. Here is what she wrote on Facebook in response to my question “What is your Disney wish?”I’m still here! Good for you…your blog should always be your passion, not something you feel you have to do. Thanks for all your hard work! Right now, my Disney wish is for my engagement ring to be returned. We just got back from our trip, and I lost it in one of the restrooms in New Fantasyland. It’s my own fault for taking it off to begin with, but I was devastated! Hoping a little pixie dust helps it find it’s way home!Please pray for her ring to be returned safe and sound!
- My friend Rebecca has lost a friend. Here is what she wrote on Facebook:
My heart is heavy with grief upon hearing of the passing of a friend. Fly sweet angel.Please pray for Rebecca, for her Peace and Strength, and for that of the family of her friend as well. This has been a hard week for many of us, so think of all of those that have lost loved ones, and remember them in your prayers as well, please.
- In the Praise department, give God praise for my friend Bettie! Her cat Eddie has been missing for weeks, but today he was found and returned home! Thank you God for answered prayers, and the safe return of Eddie to Bettie and her family!
My friends, with all the turmoil that the world is going through, I think it is extremely important to focus on the things that are most important, the things that give us joy. Please remember to hug your kids, call your parents, tell your family that you love them, and remember, our time here on earth is finite, and every day is a day closer to our finish. Treat each day as if it were the most important day, and remember, turn to God, believe in and trust Jesus, and you will spend eternity in Heaven after your time on earth is finished. Now, please pray the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed by thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory forever and ever.